There are so many methods to cook rice, but for me, this way makes perfect rice every time! This is the Absorption Method!
Yummy fluffy rice!
Write a review
- 230g Basmati rice
- 450ml cold water
- Pinch of salt
- Add rice to a heavy based sauce (rice will burn easier in a cheaper saucepan)
- Add water
- Add pinch of salt
- Turn the heat to medium and bring to the boil
- Continue to boil until craters form and all visible water has been boiled off
- Turn off heat and place a tight fitting lid and leave to steam for approx. 10 mins
- Fluff up with a fork and serve
- Replace half the water with coconut milk for a delicious coconut rice (keep an eye it doesn't burn!!)
Hungry Waffler http://www.hungrywaffler.com/